When I first graduated I found myself asking the question, like most graduates; "How much will my student loan end up costing me?", followed by "Should I try to start paying it off?".
I could find plenty of calculators on the internet which gave me a breakdown of how much I might end up paying back, but they were all lacking in some way, as none of them:
- Would let me factor in any voluntary contributions to see how they would affect the scale of repayments
- Would let me get a breakdown for multiple loans
- Would let me add predicted incomes if I had an idea as to how much I might earn in the future
- Would present a deep dive into what this debt exactly means for me
- Be applicable to graduates from across the UK, not just England & Wales
- And many other things ...
So, back in 2018 I decided to create a tool that delivered all those things. I hope you find it useful, and I'd love to hear any feedback you might have.
For anything else, you can contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org email copied!